Vapes typically contain several components, and, as with various other battery-powered devices, sometimes the device can encounter problems that prevent it from working normally. While it may be possible to correct many of the common problems, you should always follow the manufacturer’s guidance and instructions.
So let's have a look at some of the most common problems that your atomizer can come up with and how you could easily fix them yourself.
Issues with your rechargeable vape
For rechargeable devices, you could look for one of the following factors that could prevent a vape from working:
- Connection issues: This may occur between the tank and the battery. A careful clean (perhaps with a cotton bud or other manufacturer recommended item) around the terminal area could help to clear the build-up of old e-liquid or particles.
- Power button failure: Check the power button is on.
- Atomizer failure: In some devices it is possible to check the atomizer by rotating the device to see if it is damaged. Dropping or knocking a device while it is being transported might cause an atomizer failure.
- A faulty coil: E-liquid can sometimes clog the coil. You could also check to see if the coil has become loose. Depending on the model of the vape, vape coils can degrade over time and may need replacing in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- E-liquid leakage: This can occur if the tank has been overfilled. You might also find a vape is leaking because there is not enough e-liquid inside for the device to work as intended by the manufacturer.
- Overtightened tank: This may occur during the refilling process, and it can sometimes prevent the vape from working as intended by the manufacturer.
- A faulty battery: Depending on the model of the vape, the battery may degrade over time. Eventually, a vape’s battery may require replacing in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
With these methods, it might be possible to get your rechargeable vape working again. Note that some of these methods won’t be available or possible for all vapes, or they may not be recommended by the manufacturer. Before performing any maintenance on a device, you should always consult the manufacturer’s guidance and instructions.
Issues with your disposable vape
For some disposable vapes, they may, on occasion, fail to produce vapour when there is an air bubble inside the pre-filled cartridge. An air bubble may prevent sufficient airflow. Compared to the methods listed above for rechargeable vapes, our list of possible actions to remedy the common reasons a disposable vape stops working is not as long. This is because disposable devices generally have a shorter lifespan than a rechargeable vape, and typically, for example, don’t have a battery that can be replaced.
Other disposable device issues can include a faulty battery or even leaking e-liquid. The latter might occur if there is a crack inside the device - which could prevent the vape from working properly.
Ways that may help a vape work as intended
There are various measures recommended by manufacturers which an adult smoker or vaper can take to help ensure their new vape works well. Let’s have a look at some tips:
- Store your vape carefully, out of direct sunlight and heat, and make sure the device is stored upright. You could also use a lid if you have one to limit the likelihood of your device leaking, if you carry your device loose in your pocket or bag.
- Purchase a vape case, which could help to stop damage - especially damage which may be caused by dropping your device, which can cause leaks and other device related problems.
- Regularly clean your device, always according to its manufacturer's guidance. Make sure you clean it inside out, paying attention to areas where certain parts touch each other when connected.
- Replace parts like the coil and the battery where possible, in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance and instructions.
The IQOS electronic cigarette
The IQOS option for any adult smoker looking for smoke-free alternatives, and wants to try electronic cigarettes, is IQOS VEEV.
IQOS VEEV has been created, based the MESH™ heating technology, which is found inside each VEEV pod and allows maximum contact with the liquid, heating it evenly and giving you a unique vaping experience. In addition, it automatically controls when the e-liquid runs out and alerts you to replace your pod and avoid a burnt taste.
Finally, with IQOS VEEV and all other IQOS products, you can always rest assured that your device will work properly. From the moment you choose IQOS, you get all-round support for your device.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Smoking alternatives are not risk free. They deliver nicotine, which is addictive. They are intended for use by adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use nicotine products and are by no means a cessation method.
The best option to reduce the health risks associated with the use of tobacco and nicotine products is to quit their use altogether. However, for those adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, switching completely to vaping or heated tobacco products could be a better choice than continuing to smoke.